From TalentDAO's desire to run a series of governance experiments to Rari Foundation's proposal to build a Twitter bot to share data from its NFT marketplace, here's a rundown of some of the top stories from the DAO scene over the past week.
TalentDAO teams up with Collab.Land and RaidGuild for DAO governance experiments
Governance is growing to become a major subject across several DAO circles. That said, the world's first decentralized community-reviewed publication protocol for the social sciences, TalentDAO has joined hands with RaidGuild and Collab.Land to explore a series of governance experiments. Together, they will be testing different voting strategies and reputation systems, such as ranked-choice voting, one-person-one-vote, quadratic voting, and reputation-weighted voting via the Discord-based Zodiac bot module.
Dailly debuts VR musical experience with an element of governance
Over the past week, Niall Dailly released his new VR musical experience called “Metamorphic.”. The renowned electronic musician and the past world champion turntablist has been working on the project with BeetsDAO for the past nine months. The ultra-low 10-album collection features 100 1/1 environments of immersive explorations of the origins of electronic music in East London. Even more interesting is the fact that holders of the NFT will be able to determine the future of the product, whether or not the music experiences will be available to the public after six months.
ShapeShift DAO endorses roadmap for Q1 2023
Earlier this week, the DAO of the popular crypto swapping platform ShapeShift passed a proposal outlining the first phase of its roadmap in 2023. The roadmap, which outlines possible development areas to prioritize in Q1 2023, garnered approximately 90% of the community votes. The dev team will concentrate on features like Saver Vaults, new EVMs, sunsetting Portis wallet, Swapper 3.0, and Metamask Snaps, amongst others.
DAO Predictions for 2023
2022 was a good year for DAOs but 2023 can be even better. DAO Times has published some predictions on what to expect in the sector this year. Read about our six DAO predictions for 2023.
How to use Spect DAO management tool
Spect may be a great place to start if you are having problems with managing your DAO as it scales. We did a brief “how-to” article on how to use the DAO tooling service.
- RARI DAO has approved a proposal to build a bot that will display real-time data from the Rarible marketplace, including top sales, trending collections, top buyers and sellers, and top collections.
- NFTX DAO has passed a proposal to use idle treasury assets to increase buy-side liquidity for treasury-held collections.
- In a bid to incentivize its veBAL strategy of using the BAL/WETH 80/20 BPT (ve8020), Balancer DAO will start issuing BAL grants to projects that meet certain TVL and revenue milestones.
- Olympus DAO is looking to acquire $1M worth of AURA tokens over the next six months. Half of the said amount has already been purchased over the counter.
- Decentraland DAO recently rolled out a new update to its vesting contract for grants, ultimately giving the DAO greater control over grant distribution.